Monday, August 25, 2008

Wifi & Vista

Oh yes I failed the penguin, I'm running vista, shame on me. But I have no choice if I want to maintain the warranty on this machine, at least I will in the first moths of it's life then the penguin power will prevail. Event though I'm starting to consider to accelerate the process as this M$ Vista is behaving not extremely as it should. It seems it connects to the wireless network when it feels like it, like for example yesterday it jusdt refused to connect to the wireless network then today it felt like connecting wihtout a hassle. I forgive it as I have severeal wireless network on the same channel in my neighbourhoog but it's starting to be very anoying. Ok I must admit it's graphically nicer then XP but as for the usability it's far from perfect it's even worse if you're used to XP. First thing M$ seems to have fun in moving configuration tools arounf the place and to hide them where possible. Olso if it's possible make thing cryptic so peopèle keep out of the place. Give very generic error messages , and try to solve it in an automated way to then tell the user you failed fixing the problem without giving further information. Now I realy understand why vista is having trouble breaking thruogh without a forced move from M$.

No comments: